Re: [Usability] Standardizing Find and Replace windows

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 04:11, Liam R. E. Quin wrote:

> I don't like "find" bringing up a dialogue box that obscures the text I
> was looking at.

To be fair, many apps these days at least move the dialog out of the way
of any matching text so you can always see your results, although
dialogs moving around without user intervention is kind of a
questionable practice too.  (OSX's translucent windows were once touted
as a solution to this kind of thing as well, but if you ask me they're
mostly a gimmick...)

I agree about GIMP's crop window though, annoys the hell out of me!
Luckily there seem to be no such problems with 1.3...

Cheeri,
Calum.