Re: [Usability]Re: Icons in Menus

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 14:57, Dave Bordoley wrote:

> But the apple menu (application menu) may be a special case, as may be
> the applications menu in gnome. I'm talking about typical menus in an
> application, and to the best of my recollection neither mac or windows
> have icons in their standard menus (with the exception of the office
> apps)

I personally find the menu icons useful in navigating quickly around an
application - and having stock items with the same icon in all apps is
an incredible bonus for me. My vision isn't great - but the icons give
me more or less instant recognition of common items.

Perhaps this is why I find GNOME more comfortable than Windows? Whatever
the case, I don't think XP or MacOS not having them is enough evidence
for their removal from GNOME.

Mike