Re: RE : [Usability]Insert/overwrite, how should i do a usability study?

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 03:13:37PM +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:

> Is there some way for a user to put Gnome in Training mode and say "i am
> clueless, explain everything"?
> /me tries to remember if this is in effect what Apple Balloon help does.

Not really, balloon help was tooltips/what's this on steroids.

> > o visually highlighting INS/OVR on mode change
>
> highlight it in what way?

For example, a thicker border, that goes away after a while.

> > o converting the "INS/OVR" into English
>
> Writing Insert/Overwrite takes up too much space on the toolbar, abiword
> already causes me problems on my small monitor.

Yep, the abiword I have on this machine does not fit into 800x600 at
all. It does not even fit into its own default window size in fact.

> > All of these suggestions have some problems, but perhaps food for
> > thought.

As I said ;)

regards
john

--
"When you start off by telling those who disagree with you that they are not
 merely in error but in sin, how much of a dialogue do you expect ?"