[Usability]Re: A Brief Comparrison of Gnome 2.2 & KDE 3.1

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 06:15, MArk Finlay wrote:
> Another thing that would be useful would be to have glade create
> ui that conforms to the HIG by default. Or to have a HIG mode.

This would be even better if we had some help from Gtk+ itself.

One of the most common things that have to be done during HIG'ing is
conforming to the new dialog style - the one with bold headers and
indented options. It seems if GtkFrame is modified to, by default, show
no borders, bold it's header, and indent it's contents, it would be much
easier to conform.

Without it, we have to go through this "6-spaces label" bullshit. :-)

There are also many other things that are just impossible to do in Glade
- like ensuring the labels for all options are right aligned on the same
line.

I could go on ... the quick dialog boxes ("alerts") that can be made
with gtk+ utility functions are not HIG conforming by default either, as
are the default values for several other widgets.

Hmmm, time to file bug reports ... :-)

Cheers,
Loban

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
| loban earthling net, loban caltech edu,  http://loban.caltech.edu |