[Usability]too much choice?

I expect many of you have noticed some of this on Slashdot.

While Havoc had some very good points in his essay about too many
preferences, there were a few things about it that did not sit well with
me although i did not think about it deeply enough to be able to provide
good feedback.
(/me is trying very hard not to comment about options XYZ i miss in
metacity).

I found this rebuttal very interesting
http://www.mosfet.org/free-software-rebuttal.html

the most important idea in it to me was that you can have much more
options if you organise them better, organisation is the bigger problem
than too much choice.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/