Re: [Usability]A Brief Comparrison of Gnome 2.2 & KDE 3.1

MArk Finlay wrote:
The other obvious consistency issue is the application of the HIG.
There seem to be a few people working very well on this. Would
it be useful to set up a HIGification project/list?

It would surely help reminding the developers about the issue.

Another thing that would be useful would be to have glade create
ui that conforms to the HIG by default. Or to have a HIG mode.

Heck, why not having a HIG mode *only* in glade? That way we'd be sure that every UI is HIGified (just kidding :)

Another thing he mentions is not being able to find the control center.
I couldn't agree with him more. We need to move Desktop Preferences,
System Settings and Server Settings out of the Applicaions menu and into
their own top level menu.

Unfortunately 2.2 menu doesn't seem to be a huge improvement on 2.0.

Also a "Control Center" launcher linking to 'gnome-control-center
--use-shell' would be useful for people who are used to kcontrol and
windows control center. The menus are good for those of us who already
know the control center, but for someone browsing for an option the
shell is easier to use.

Good idea.

Ciao

--
Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      e-mail:	rosselli cisi unito it
Dipartimento di Scienze			rosselli ling unipi it

  Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
  mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)