[Usability]applet/panel/menu inconsistency

Hi!

I have noted some things I would think about in terms of inconsistency.
I am using Red Hat 8.0, but I think this applies to the 2.2 branch
too(?)

The applets used is "inbox monitor" and "system monitor".

1) Dragging a launcher can be done using both left-button and
mid-button. Dragging an applet can only be done using the mid-button.

Proposal: Only permit dragging using the mid-button (or right-click +
move). This is also having the advantage of minimizing the risk of the
object being moved accidently.

2) Left-click-dragging a launcher from the panel to the desktop will
create a copy of the object to the desktop. Left-click-dragging an
applet will do nothing.

Proposal: Don't permit copying a launcher by left-click-dragging. Only
permit moving a launcher (mid-button) - why would I (usually) want a
launcher both on the panel AND on the desktop?

3) Right-clicking a launcher in the applications menu raises a menu
containing "add this launcher to panel".

Proposal: The menu should also include "add this launcher to desktop" or
the "add this launcher to panel" should be removed. (This is already
possible through the right-click "add to panel" menu).

2nd Proposal: Right clicking on the desktop should raise a "add to
desktop" menu similar to the "add to panel" menu.

4) Left-click (or mid-click) dragging an launcher from a panel menu
(such as Applications) is possible to both the panel AND the desktop
(and I think this is a correct behaiviour). Right-clicking a launcher in
a panel-menu only gives the possibility to "add this launcher to panel".

Proposal: Right-clicking a launcher in a panel menu should include the
"add this launcher to desktop" alternative.

2nd Proposal: Left-click dragging a launcher from the panel should not
be possible. Instead the mid-button should be used and this should
create a copy of the item (since you want to have a launcher both in the
menu AND on the panel/desktop).

Comments? Bugzilla?

--
Daniel Mellergårdh <mellergardh xpress se>