[Usability] [Fwd: [uvip] The Business Case For Usability]

Forwarded from an accessibility list:
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Folks,

Here's one for the archive.  I've been doing a search of the web for
business cases for usability.  Did you know that IBM reckon that for every
dollar invested in usability an organisation will get a return on investment
of between $10 and $100.  With figures like that you'd think they don't care
about profit if they don't use usability.  Then there's the reduction in dev
time <g>.

Apologies for posting to both lists but I know some are on one and not on
the other.

So, here it goes, the magical list of business cases for usability.  By no
means is it an exhaustive list of the business cases for usability as Google
spat out over 7000 of them at me, mostly irrelevant stuff that I didn't
really want and so I didn't look at everything.  Some are lists of other
resources, some are specific to eCommerce and the web whilst others deal
with software in general.

I quite like the WebWords ones and the IBM ease of use one (above figures
from here).  I'm off to go send this to a client now.

http://www.webword.com/moving/businesscase.html

http://www.usabilitynet.org/management/c_business.htm

http://www.tech-bridge.com/biz-benefits.pdf

http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/~jane/courses/ RM/2002-03/del_Galdo.pdf