Re: [slightly off-topic] Re: [Usability] HIG: Close button

andrew wrote:
Excuse me, but you don't read my posting carefully.  I'm say not about
"good" or "broken" WMs (in any meanings of these words).  I'm say about
working *without* WM at all.  And for avoid flame: this is *not* a
hypotetical example -- running without WM indeed used by me from time to
time.

I appologize for misreading your comments, however in this case I'll give the definitive answer that gnome apps require a NET_WM compliant window manager to run correctly and be usable. Other setups are not supported. dave