Re: [Usability]Gnome file dialogs

MM wrote:

Hi peoples,

I've incorporated some of the latest suggestions.
       * Advanced options are now changed into a "Show Searchbar"
         button. Not sure about the search part yet :).
       * The dialogs are do now look more alike. Moved the
         openfile-dialog part up to the same level as savefile-dialog.
There was no obvious reason for making it look different. * Savedialog does not hide file-system. I personally like it
         better that way. Prevents me from feeling blind sighted, and
         making mistakes. As well as making the "Show Searchbar" button
         work consistent on both dialogs.

I'm wondering if I was to "show searchbar" when using the file-dialog, would it be shown next time I use the dialog? I think that it should be.

Not sure that I like the method for finding "home" "documents" and other locations. As it is implemented here it takes two clicks to get to any of these locations. Would it not be better to use icons for home, documents and desktop and then the list for other commonly accessed locations?

       * Accepting open or save is now done by a simple press of enter.

Take a look at the new "Purple sunrise" release.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/sbm/

I'm looking for someone who would like to take the architectural work
under his/her wings. As I'm currently not capable enough to do this. If
someone is willing to give it a go, make my day :).
Wish list:
       * API to make the dialogs simple to use for applications.
       * Nautilus views implementation. Building on the code already
         available form that project.
       * Implementing openfile-dialog search capabilities. Emblem
         search, file filtering and search. Grep/word in file
         capabilities. It does not hurt to be able to do things
         multiple ways :).

I also think that there is a great need for this.

       * File completion and resent file and directory drop down boxen.

Ok that is about it,
MM