Re: [Usability]recent documents in panel

> On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 14:15, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > The distinction between 'open' and 'run' is... very, very weak.
> > Certainly, it's not one my mother would understand.

'n' Calum sez:

> Perhaps... it's a distinction we make everywhere else though (moreso in
> the user guide than on the desktop itself, I suspect) so we'd need to
> fix this everywhere if we agree on better terminology.

so Pat chimes in:

Erm, "fix this everywhere" has a chilling ring. Especially as the dedicated
GNOME-scribes have already scrutinized these terms. See the following location
for further information:

http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/gnome-glossary-user-actions.htm

I do believe that Luis's mom would understand these definitions.

Pat