Re: Additional Panel Menus (was Re: [Usability]recent documents in panel)

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 09:00, Frederic Crozat wrote:

> Funny, we have implemented such a menu in Mdk Linux since 8.2.. We
> called this sub-menus "What to do?" (because Tasks would not have been
> very clear for newbies..)
>
> Some screenshots (based on Mdk 8.2):
> http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~fcrozat/menus/mdk-menu-tasks.png and
> http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~fcrozat/menus/mdk-menu-tasks-internet.png
> --

Yeah i saw that in some screenshots. I think the idea of task based
menus is definite usability plus, even though i'm not always the best at
picking terminology ("What to do?" though doesn't sound all that great
either). I don't think task based menus can completely replace the
applications menu, only supplememt it as apps like the calculator,
dictionary etc. don't really fit in to the scheme.

dave