Re: [Usability]Re: PATCH: Bug 82107, Turn off nautilus sidebar and location bar by default

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 18:18, Sean.A.Mc-Elroy-1 wrote:

> In a quick overview of the HIG, I noticed in Chapter 8 specifications
> for control spacing. I'm not completely knowledgable about the
> underlying workings of Gnome, but is there a way for the GUI to
> generate these control positions (therefore spacings) and thus window
> sizes dynamically based on the window's relative control layout,
> perhaps using a spacing value read from GConf or some other
> configuration file?

In fact what we really want is to be able to define spacings in terms of
the current theme font-- then everything pretty much falls into place.
(Windoze does this with its "dialog units").   Unfortunately Glade
doesn't work like this at the moment, presumably because gtk doesn't
either.

Cheeri,
Calum.