Re: [Usability]Re: Improving the metacity minimise animation

> Metacity used to have the "grab server and do XOR" type of animation,
> and it was changed to the current one because grabbing the server
> produces temporary artifacts due to apps not handling expose events.
>
> The code to use XOR is still in metacity/src/effects.c if you want to
> try it.
>
> A shaped window as used now is clearly slower, but no server grab.
>
> However, if we do the animation and only then hide the window, we may
> not notice the expose event problem so much. Right now it hides the
> window first, so generates exposes during the server grab.

I made a simple patch:
http://linuxserver.serveftp.net/linux/anim.patch

It speeds up the animation and goes back to the XOR version. At that
speed the window drawing problem is barely noticible - still would need
to be changed however to undraw the window afterwards.

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

	   [ My Weblog: http://advogato.org/person/sisob ]
        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]