Re: [Usability]missing configuration option...

<quote who="Hasbullah Bin Pit (sebol)">

> I think, all gnome 1.4 configuration option shuold be available for
> gnome2. because of simple reason "there are people who are used to it"

I doubt many of the module maintainers would be remotely interested in
adding *all* of the options from GNOME 1.4 to GNOME 2.x. Especially in the
case of Sawfish.

> how about make a table something like this...

> | configuration  |  GNOME 1.4 |  KDE 3  |  Windows | OSX  |
> | changing WM    |  yes       |  no     |  no      | no  |
> | controling focus|  yes      |         |          |     |
> | changing blabla |  yes      |         |          |     |
> | tweaking blabla |  yes      |         |          |     |
> | changing blah blah|  yes     |         |          |     |
>
> from this, we can have rought idea, what GUI configuration option
> 'used to' by user.

You're welcome to go ahead and note down every option in GNOME 1.4. It
should take you about 6 months, taking employment/school and other factors
into account. By then, we'll have GNOME 2.2 out, and 1.x will be even less
relevant. :-)

- Jeff

--
  "Linux continues to have almost as much soul as James Brown." - Forrest
                                 Cook, LWN