Re: [Usability]Re: UI Review Suggestions - Preference Dialogs
- From: Michele Campeotto <ml micampe it>
- To: Dave Bordoley <bordoley msu edu>
- Cc: micampe micampe it, Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com>, usability gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability]Re: UI Review Suggestions - Preference Dialogs
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:55:44 +0100
Dave Bordoley wrote:
On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 12:34, Michele Campeotto wrote:
Glynn Foster wrote:
o Background Preferences
- <Gman> scrap the buttons, use radio boxes and update the large
Agreed. Maybe a GtkOptionMenu is a better choiche?
Why? The buttons provide a visual que (preview) of what the desktop will
Because it takes ages to update the dialog, maybe?
look like for each type of background layout. Using an option menu and
updating a larger image is pointless as changing the preference will
automatically change the desktop background (INSTANT APPLY) and at this
point a preview is worthless. Seth's background design is really nice,
please don't break it.
Indeed. This dialog is actually really nice and visually better than
its competitors, but is also pretty slow and I think an OptionMenu or
radio buttons with clear labels are just enough to make the user
understand what he'll see.
Michele - micampe micampe it
Oh, look around you, all around you,
riding on a copper wave.
Do you like the world around you?
Are you ready to behave?
-- Patti Smith, "Rock'N'Roll Nigger"
] [Thread Prev