Re: [Usability]gnome-file-dialog UI update

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 13:23, Mathew Johnston wrote:
> > If there is an option of showing all files or only some files, then what
> > would be the default? I would suggest that showing relevent and unknown
> > file types would be better than showing all of them, but i have a
> > feeling you would lean the other way. :) It seems to me that the ability
> > to shorten the number of files shown outweighs its disadvantages. But,
> > that is pure speculation on my part.
>
> I believe that by default, an application could show only those files
> that it knows how to open. However, there needs to be a way to access
> other files just in case. (maybe a checkbox [show all vs. show
> supported])

every checkbox clutters the interface some more

looking at the open file screenshot - it has a "File Type" box - surely
this box is totally useless if it is not used to filter the list.

So you use this box to filter the list, and you just have an all files
option. The application would specify which file types are in the list.

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

	   [ My Weblog: http://advogato.org/person/sisob ]
        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]