Re: [Usability]gnome-file-dialog UI update

The ability to filter files by type in the open dialog is a good idea, but it seems like it should happen automatically. For example, when i am opening a file in gedit, why does it show me files that it doesn't know how to open? When would i want to open a gif file with gedit? To me it sees like a waste of screen space to have the /option/ of filtering instead of making it automatic. If it were automatic, then you would get all of the benefits of filtering, but you would also be able to keep the dialog simple. Instead of making it an option, it should be set as a default.
john