Re: [Usability]Galeon feature implementation

<quote who="mpeseng tin it"/>

> >You wouldn't need to save them, because GALEON REMEMBERS! :) You could
> >open them from the menu in a jiffy. This requires some more thought as to
> >the design, please don't object to random implementation issues I've
> >brought up here.
>
> I'm a bit confused here. When the "saving" would happen ?  Surely not on
> quit since the right thing seem to remove it ...

They'd be saved dynamically as you used the software, with the session title
being taken from the time that you quit.

> >I don't understand Marco's reluctance to add developer oriented features
> >in a sensible fashion.
>
> I dont understand your reclutance to add developer oriented features in a
> sensible fashion.
>
> rpm -i galeon-webdevel
>
> - Very very low manteinance costs

It would still have to be maintained, with greater cost as a separate
package, requiring the maintenance of a generalised plugin system for
Galeon.

> - No unnecessary user interface clutter for non developers

The interface to these features needn't be "clutter" for non-developers.
Claiming that it is all too hard, and throwing away the opportunity is not
useful.

> - Better user interface for developers with no need of hacks like the toolbar
> button you are mentioning

As I said, please don't object to random implementation issues I brought up
in the mail. That said, it is *not* a hack, it is an absolutely normal use
of the toolbar to speed up access to functions in the menus. Web developers
wishing rapid access could easily add them to the toolbar themselves.

- Jeff

--
   "Everyone says they like Free Software - not everyone is ready to make
         the tough choices to make it happen." - Maciej Stachowiak