RE: [Galeon-devel] Re: [Usability]Galeon feature implementation

>> >You wouldn't need to save them, because GALEON REMEMBERS! :) You could
>> >open them from the menu in a jiffy. This requires some more thought
as
>> >the design, please don't object to random implementation issues I've
>> >brought up here.
>>
>> I'm a bit confused here. When the "saving" would happen ?  Surely not
on
>> quit since the right thing seem to remove it ...
>
>They'd be saved dynamically as you used the software, with the session
title
>being taken from the time that you quit.

How do you quit without a quit menu ?

>> >I don't understand Marco's reluctance to add developer oriented features
>> >in a sensible fashion.
>>
>> I dont understand your reclutance to add developer oriented features
in
>> sensible fashion.
>>
>> rpm -i galeon-webdevel
>>
>> - Very very low manteinance costs
>
>It would still have to be maintained, with greater cost as a separate
>package, requiring the maintenance of a generalised plugin system for
>Galeon.

I dont know if the packaging costs would be great. Certainly the plugin
system would not recquire much code (since it's easy to merge menus with
bonobo).

>> - No unnecessary user interface clutter for non developers
>
>The interface to these features needn't be "clutter" for non-developers.
>Claiming that it is all too hard, and throwing away the opportunity is
not
>useful.

I never claimed it's all too hard. I just think the mantainance costs of
a developer plugin are a worth cost for a cleaner interface for non developers
(no need of a Tools menu), and easier access to functionality for developers
(no Developer submenu in Tools). This is just my opininion, I see.

>> - Better user interface for developers with no need of hacks like the
toolbar
>> button you are mentioning
>
>As I said, please don't object to random implementation issues I brought
>up
>in the mail. That said, it is *not* a hack, it is an absolutely normal
use
>of the toolbar to speed up access to functions in the menus. Web developers
>wishing rapid access could easily add them to the toolbar themselves.

My fault here, I missed the part about the menus ... It's not an hack.

Marco