Re: [Usability]HIG suggestion- alt+<num> shortcuts for tabbed/MD interfaces

ons 2002-05-22 klockan 22.50 skrev Luis Villa:
> > One potential problem could be that this might conflict with
> > applications using numbers as underlined access keys for buttons, menus
> > or other widgets. Underlined access keys are also activated with Alt.
> > Numbers are valid as well as characters here.
>
> Right. But do any apps actually use numbers and not letters here? If so,
> could that be declared out of bounds? The only place that this occurs of
> which I'm aware of is in metacity, and those can only be accessed via
> alt+<space> and /then/ the number.

I've seen it used in other non-GNOME2.0 applications, but I can't
remember which ones. Numbers are usually good access keys in situations
like this:

Mail address _1
Mail address _2
Mail address _3

etc.
In any case, I don't think numbers should be declared invalid as access
keys. They are useful in some cases, and gtk can handle conflicts if the
application developer doesn't catch them before that.

Christian