[Usability]Re: toolbar issues

I think what the issue comes down to in my opinion is that nautilus
might as well be gnome, as it and the panel are the central apps for
using gnome meaningfully as a desktop environment. Applications that are
part of the core desktop should honor global gnome settings, including
toolbars universally...I personally have less of an issue with fifth
toe/ third party apps disregarding minor settings such as toolbar icons,
so if galeon decided they still wanted to have themable toolbars i
wouldn't put up much of a fight, since galeon is not part of the core
desktop. However galeon developers, choosing to follow the hig and
increase overall desktop usability, decided that themable toolbars where
bad and removed them. I think we should follow their lead and go for
consistency within apps.

Consistency is what most users want. Have you ever read slashdot? People
are always complaining about how gnome and kde apps always look
inconsistent with each other since they don't share a theming mechanism.
This will probably never be fixed, however it would do alot for gnome to
have at least all of our apps be consistent with each other.

dave