[Usability]Re: Taskbar should show tasks on all workspaces by default

Michael Toomim wrote:
Sunnanvind Fenderson wrote:

I like how workspaces are totally separated, like totally different
desktops. Maybe the default should be to have just one workspace (and
thus, no workspace switcher showing)?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Crap!  I didn't mean that!

I mis-read the post, and didn't see the "no workspace switcher showing" part. I thought it was just a proposal for a single-workspace default install (but isn't this already the default?).

I'm all for having a default with only a single workspace. That seems to solve the problem with having windows inaccessible by the task selector. But what does a workspace switcher have to do with any of this? Why remove it?