Re: [Usability]Re: Controls, widgets, and UI learning.

In the two-and-a-half decades that I have been writing technical documentation
for translation, the first thing that I have ever known translators to do when
they come to a new job is to create a translation glossary. I always thought it
was standard translation practise. Usually, the translator mines key terms with
a mining tool. During the preparation of the glossary, the translator can ask
the documentors or the developers for clarification of certain terms, to make
sure that terms are translated correctly. The translator should then only use
terms from the glossary for the particular language they are working in. I know
the Sun L10N team use translation glossaries, but I don't know about other
contributors to GNOME. There is no real reason why "Controls" (as opposed to
just "Control") should cause a translation problem.

Pat