Re: [Usability]Re: Controls, widgets, and UI learning.

--- Michael Toomim <toomim uclink4 berkeley edu>
wrote:
> James Ramsey wrote:
>
> > I think I can one-up you. Say I have a tabbed
> > Appearance dialog, with one of the tabs labeled
> > "Window Borders" and the other "Widgets." Within
> the
>
> Why not "window contents" instead of "widgets" or
> "controls"?

Because window contents can refer to things outside
widgets. Window contents can include things like web
pages, an application's icons (which may or may not be
determined by the widget toolkit), a word processor's
canvas, etc. In short, "window contents" isn't
accurate.