Re: [Usability]Re: A "cheat" to full window manager integration

James Ramsey wrote:

--- Christopher Warner <zanee kernelcode com> wrote:
James Ramsey wrote:
My point is that it is easier for a theme designer
make poor choices in widget theme design than in
window frame design.
[snip]
With a combined theme format, one is likely to see
window frame themes good enough for use saddled
with
hard-to-read widget themes.
[snip]
Don't underestimate the designer.. especially if
he/she has tools to make a theme with. What I'm talking about is not a patch or hack (even though it accomodates the non unified with the unified); it's a complete rewrite on the way themes work and taking that idea and applying it to gnome.

But there are many theme designers, with differing
competencies. Tools can only go so far to make things
easier on the themer. After that, it's a matter of
balancing flashiness with readability--which is easier
said than done, especially when it comes to toolkit
themes.