Re: [Usability] Print Screen and Pause keys

> > Scroll lock is often used by X applications
> > such as xterm-like
> > programs. To, um, lock the scrolling.
>
> How often is that used?

The editor that I use has two modes for the cursors that are very
useful.  Normal cursor keys move the cursor as with most editors and the
screen scrolls when the cursor hits the top or bottom of the screen.
Ctrl-cursor keeps the cursor in the same location and scrolls the screen
without moving the cursor, as with most browsers.

It would be pretty fitting if scroll lock could be used to switch
between these two modes.  It would be nice to have a consistent way to
make an editable widget scroll like a view-only widget when browsing
something.

Gerald