[Usability]Re: User interface suggestion for panels

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 19:47, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 17:02, William McVey wrote:
> > 4.  The Dock ignores Fitts's Law
> > (Fitt's law is described at
> > http://www.asktog.com/basics/firstPrinciples.html#fitts's%20law)
> >
> > Even when the panel has been configured to:
> >     -	not have hide buttons,
> >
> >     -	to make the buttons flush with the panel edge, and
> >
> >     -	to have 0 padding between the applets and the panel border

I think this a version/distribution problem.  My panels are configured
as described and It does conform to Fitt's Law.  I'm running RedHat
7.0/7.2 Ximian Gnome. This problem was reported over 6 months ago, check
the list archive for more details.  If I recall correctly, the problem
was happen on Sun.

--

sinzui cox rr com