Re: [Usability]multihead screen focus handling

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 18:23, Havoc Pennington wrote:
<snip>

> >  - either way, we don't seem to have any way to change the focused
> >    screen using only the keyboard (alt+tab lists only windows on the
> >    focused screen, so there's no way to focus a window on another
> >    screen)
>
> Indeed, it would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to do this.  Is
> there much stopping us from adding one?

Mostly a question of what the shortcut does: warps the mouse pointer
to the other screen, focuses an arbitrary window on the other screen,
focuses a panel on the other screen... ?
I would be okay with focusing either the last window focused on that screen, or the nautilus desktop.  I think the former would make the most sense, IMHO.  I guess it might be good to see what CDE or KDE does here, but I don't have either of those available to compare.

Thanks,
James