Re: [Usability]request for ui review on nautilus-media

Hi Thomas,

> with screenshots might be a good start.

I'll try to provide a few quick comments for you...

> b) in the properties, I've been told that the first three fields should be
>    gtklabels, not gtkentries.
>    They were gtkentries because at some point in the future they will be
>    editable.  I guess it's up to you to decide if this is something that
>    needs changing.

Regarding this properties window:
- 'Comments' should probably have a mnemonic
- I don't think the length has to be specified in thousanths of a second
- Are Comments and Notes really separate things (why)?

> a) in the audio view, the "type" should be human-readable instead of a
>    mime type

Regarding the audio view:
- When metadata is available, I'd prefer a title listing instead of a file
listing (if I wanted to know exact filenames, I could have used the List
view!)

> b) at the bottom, it shouldn't show a mix of gnome-vfs path and file name,
>    but just the filename (I'd rather show the gnomevfs url but that gets
>    really ugly, so I'd better not)

Agreed.

P.S. Thomas, je bent een Vlaming toch? Wil je meehelpen om de Nederlandse
GNOME wat bekender te maken door die te gebruiken voor schermafdrukken?
;-)

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778

Help mee met het vertalen van GNOME! Zie http://gnome-nl.sourceforge.net/