[Usability]request for ui review on nautilus-media

Dear FRIENDS of the GNOME republic,

in my very short time as a module maintainer I have made some dire
mistakes and want to atone for my sins.

I haven't had a proper ui review yet and I am worried about the dire
consequences.  I humbly request a ui review by you good folks so that I
can at least feel safe and fuzzy about having done the right thing.  I
wasn't sure what the right process for this is, but I figured mailing you
with screenshots might be a good start.

Now, to make it easy I also have some things I myself would like to change
but can't because of the UI freeze.  They are bugs, and have been pointed
out so by me and other people, and they would look pretty silly in a final
release.  They are also relatively minor impact.

The screenshots are up at
http://thomas.apestaart.org/download/nautilus-media/
(one for the audio view, one for the audio properties view)

As for the things I would like to fix asap if allowed:

a) the "finger on list" button next to the "next" button should be a
toggle button.  It activates the "scan" mode, which plays five secs of
each track, in the middle of each track, to allow you to quickly find the
audio you were wanting to find.

b) in the properties, I've been told that the first three fields should be
   gtklabels, not gtkentries.
   They were gtkentries because at some point in the future they will be
   editable.  I guess it's up to you to decide if this is something that
   needs changing.

Other than that, minor points for consideration are:

a) in the audio view, the "type" should be human-readable instead of a
   mime type
b) at the bottom, it shouldn't show a mix of gnome-vfs path and file name,
   but just the filename (I'd rather show the gnomevfs url but that gets
   really ugly, so I'd better not)

Let me know what you think,
Thomas

Come on baby take a walk with me honey
Tell me who do you love
Who do you love
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->