Re: [Usability]Comments on a search tool screenshot.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 01:16:04AM +0100, Jens Askengren wrote:
> Have you ever tried to use the search tool for a non fictive task, it
> becomes obvious that the real problem is that you can't do much with the
> search results. In particular I'm missing the context menu that nautilus
> provides.

I think Gregory makes several good points, but I'd agree that last
time I tried it this was a big problem. The list of results should
support drag-and-drop as normal files for sure, and should probably
just have the same context menus as nautilus. (We might have to move
gsearchtool implementation into nautilus for that.)

One implementation strategy might be to use the same feature used for
Trash and that Alex used to write the CD burning feature - we can
assemble temporary fake folders containing an arbitrary list of
files. Something like "search-results:///some-unique-id" as the URI.
Whether you actually display that URI in a nautilus window or just use
it internally I don't know.

Havoc