Re: [Usability]Re: Should the HIG advise use of Check and Radio menu items?

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 02:45:34PM -0500, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 14:42, Calum Benson wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 19:35, Calum Benson wrote:
> >
> > > I guess we ideally need to invent some standard way of getting at the
> > > menubar even when it's hidden, e.g. by implementing it as something like
> > > an auto-hiding edge panel, or just making sure it temporarily reappears
> > > when you press F10, or Alt+F, or whatever.
> >
> > Although I should also point out of course that the HIG recommends
> > against being able to hide the menubar at all :)
> >
> > Cheeri,
> > Calum.
>
> Which leads me to ask why the terminal even has this preference?

Why does the terminal have most of its prefs? Lots of them are silly.

Consider it payback for metacity. ;-)

I don't see the point in fighting the battle to strip down the
terminal, because the terminal is a unix-geeks-only thing anyhow.

Havoc