Re: [Usability]Re: Right Click the same as Ctrl+LeftClick???

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 11:22, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Roberto Rosselli Del Turco">
>
> > I've tried single click navigation in both GNOME and KDE, but I keep
> > single clicking to select files ...
>
> Me too... Argh! :-)
>
> (Still trying single click out as an experiment...)

It took me a few weeks to stop doing that. Now i never do it - I'm not
sure exactly what I do now, but it feels better than using single and
double click :)

I think that I just learned to think ahead of myself: Why do i want to
select the file?
*If I want it's context menu i right click it
*If I want to move it I click and drag it
*If I want to open it I click it
*If I want to select multiple files i either rubber band them or use
ctrl - which is what i would have done in single click anyway.

I used to have a habit of selecting a file while i decided what to do
with it - but I got rid of that and now I'm a happy camper :)

Later

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

	   [ My Weblog: http://advogato.org/person/sisob ]