[Usability]Window managers -- what constitutes crack?

Hello,

I've been quite impressed with all of the progress that Gnome has made
in usability up through Gnome2 and I'm glad to see that crack-ridden
featuritis is being quashed instead of making the user choose between
too many options.

That said, I have a question about a feature. :)

In my transition to Gnome2, my last holdout is sticking with sawfish
instead of metacity because of one feature. That feature is a
keybinding for packing windows. Manually positioning windows is
tedious, and it's hard to position them so they exactly line up.

Is my desire for this feature the result of too many long years of
over-configurability, or is it a resonable thing for a window manager
to do?

Josh