Re: [Usability]GNOME-SEARCH-TOOL: Comment Request

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 08:33:50AM -0700, Dennis Cranston wrote:
> --- Chris Chabot <chabotc xs4all nl> wrote:
<snip>
> > - When the advanced options are shown, change the label text from 'More
> > Options' to 'Less Options' (Or rename label to 'Show extra options' and
> > 'Hide extra options'), preferably even rotate the arrow around (pointing
> > up) for the less options choice.. It is not a 'tree view', so it becomes
> > confusing why you would click 'more' to get 'less' ;-)
> >

> Changing the label for the disclosure widget to 'Show extra options' and
> 'Hide extra options' sounds like a good idea.  The arrows direction is
> predefined.  I am using the same disclosure widget code found in the run
> dialog.

This widget should be statically labelled; the label should not change.
It's supposed to be similar to the same thing in a tree view. Just
use the same string twice when using the widget.

If you look at Calum's proposal, he uses "Advanced Options":
  http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/proposals/searchtool.html

Cheers,
Greg Merchan