[Usability]Re: Comments on dialog proposal

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> > ..which can also be important if two or more settings are related (for
> > example foreground and background colour;
>
> This one's bogus to me. What's wrong with changing one at a time?
> Treble and bass controls on a stereo are related, but no one needs or
> wants an apply button there.

Well, for example, if I wanted to change all my dialogs to have grey
text on a black background instead of my current black on grey, it
wouldn't matter which colour I changed first-- my whole desktop would
become unreadable until I changed the other one as well.  Which isn't
really a good situation.  And what if it crashed before I had a chance
to change the other colour...?  :)

Cheeri,
Calum.