Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.

On Sun, 2001-11-18 at 20:00, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
[snip]

> Yep. One can have stuff hidden in gconf, at least I think so. The
> CrackPipe app could then have plugins or something simple like that
> where you can submit those hidden-stuff lists and share them with your
> friends if you want.

So, would CrackPipe be an all-encompassing app where you can tweak
absolutely anything and everything?  I was thinking that it might be
more straightforward to write a bonobized Prefs Dialog so that apps can
ship with a default Prefs Dialog, but Joe hacker can create his own
crack-induced Prefs Dialogs to hook into his apps without re-compiling
them.

In fact, this may even spawn useful app-specific Prefs Dialog
mini-projects, such as Ximian "branded" Prefs Dialogs with Rupert the
monkey or severely limited prefs for kiosk-based apps.

Is this possible to do with bonobo and GConf?  Would this reduce the
core maintenance work for GUI apps?

 -Alex