Re: UI Guidelines -- What I'm doing

> I don't really know what effect this has on your call for volunteers,
> but bear in mind that if you can't find the experts that you want, you
> still have to find _someone_, and experts with time on their hands are
> often in rather short supply.

1) Calum Benson. a usability engineer at Sun Ireland. Calum is both
involved in the GNOME community heavily, and posseses requisite
experience and talent. Calum's level of involvement with the project is
still contingent on whether his manager's give him permission to throw
lots of time at this. If Calum gets permission to run with the project
full steam he would make an excellent lead, we should know pretty soon.

2) Matthew Thomas. owner of the Mozilla UI component. Matthew actually
began work on a preliminary UI guide about two weeks ago. From what I
have read thus far it is very competetent (though only about 6000 words
of it have been written). I'm working with him to run through some
revisions, and then we can post a link for people to peruse.

3) Dan Mueth. Inspite of his self-deprecating comments, Dan is a
top-notch writer. This is an asset in the composition of a style guide
even if Dan has no formal UI experience. Arlo, for example, was
originally going to collaborate with one of Eazel's technical writer's
(Vera) in writing the style guide.

4) John Sullivan. macintosh finder hi lead for several years, now at
Eazel. John can't commit to anything right now, particularly because of
Eazel's shakey state, but he's interested in providing at least advice
and guidance. Because he helped with the creation of the Macintosh HI
guidelines, John's experience will be invaluable.

5) Arlo Rose. another person with enormous experience writing Macintosh
HI guidelines. Arlo's work has been seriously sidetracked with Eazel
problems, so I wouldn't count on him being involved (don't hold up the
show, I agree with Colin), but he's still planning to do work on the
guidelines. Right now we have him working too hard though ;-)