Re: thoughts on gnomecc

Chema Celorio <chema ximian com> writes:
> How about using HEAD ? We have made lots of changed to HEAD already not
> only to control-center but to libcapplet. One of the biggest changes was
> to remove the embeding code. I think you should start with HEAD not
> stable, merging the code back is going to be a lot of work.

There are a lot of other changes in HEAD I don't want to ship at the
moment - it's unstable after all ;-)

There isn't that much work, I think the stable hack is just a couple
of days. John Harper already did the hard parts.

> Why do you want to use gnome-vfs here for ? I mean we can use gnome-vfs
> but why do you need a module ?

I want a magic preferences: URL and I think probably nuke the folder
hierarchy and wipe out some of the confusing capplets. I'm not sure
about that yet though.

I made a control-center-hacked module in CVS where I'll put my hacks,
these are throwaway changes. I've been looking at HEAD and trying to
plan how to eventually support the same features there too.

Havoc