Re: [Usability] window manager configuration

On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 05:20, Calum Benson wrote:
> David Moles wrote:
>
> > Doesn't deskguide let you do that? (Middle button, IIRC.)
>
> Eek, another contravention of the styleguide :)
>
> /me votes that in deskguide, left-click should focus windows/switch
> workspaces, left-drag should move windows around, right-click should
> pop-up the applet context menu, middle-click should do nothing, and
> middle-drag should drag the actual applet like it does with every other
> flippin' applet.

Sounds good to me. I'm sick and tired of having to find the one-pixel-
thick line at the edge of the panel that I can drag the applet with.

And while we're on that subject, tasklist has a similar problem --
middle-click pops up the applet context menu, right-click pops up
a context menu for the task you're on, and middle-drag on the one-
pixel-thick line drags.

Not sure quite what the right way to get the applet context menu
should be for tasklist, though, considering that it's also reasonable
to expect to get a task-specific context menu when you right-click
on a task. Maybe the applet context menu and the task-specific context
menu should be merged?