Re: Menu guidelines updated

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 11:34:47AM -0700, Adam Elman wrote:

> I think that if you have two windows open on the same file which are
> labeled identically, i.e. with the exact same filename and file
> information, they should be directly linked somehow and not
> snapshots.  Ideally this should even happen across different apps,
> although I have no idea how that could be implemented.
>
> The cases where it is useful to have two _separate_ instances of the
> same document generally seem to me to fall into the category that
> Colin mentioned, where what you really want is to have a new _copy_
> of the document that you'll end up saving into a new file.

There is another case: Often, I re-open an already opened document
to view the changes I have made so far. This is especially true
when editing images, where i really like to have a "reference copy"
open. This doesn't mean that I really need two different copies
on disk - I need them just temporarily.

 - Sebastian