Re: Menu guidelines updated

Adam Elman wrote:

> As I said, there are other ways to handle this feature.  A "clone
> this window" menu item or button would not be inappropriate, for
> example.  But I believe that the same command should never have two
> different behaviors depending on any "preference" setting.

Another issue is that people (myself included!) often struggle with apps
that allow you to open two windows on the same document, because the
outcome isn't always obvious.  It's often not immediately clear whether
the two windows are just different views on the same document, or
whether one is just a snapshot of the other at that moment in time,
which will be saved under a different filename when you hit Ctrl+S.

Both features are useful in different circumstances, so we may want to
think about standard ways of presenting each.

Cheeri,
Calum.