Re: Menu guidelines updated

> Granted, it's harder to navigate a submenu than a top-level menu...
> but it's a lot easier than navigating a file dialog.

Perhaps this would accomplish both goals:

File
-------
New
Open
etc.
etc.
-------
Late night diary.txt
Afternoon accomplishments.txt
Todo today.txt
More Recent Documents...
-------
etc.
etc.
-------
Quit

The most recent docs are available in two clicks, and the rest in three to
save space.  Of course, I don't see why the application author couldn't
choose from all the different options.  Why not define the four choices:

1) what I laid out above
2) all recent docs in a subfolder
3) all in the menu
4) no recent docs at all

Each has distinct strengths and the purpose of guidelines is not to limit
what the application author can do, but provide consistancy once the app
author has made his/her decision.

-Erik