Re: Menu guidelines updated

Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> > I think forcing the use of the window manager for exiting an application
> > is a step down with regard to accessability. It's easier to navigate in
> > menus with the keyboard than use the mouse for some people.
> > Yes, you can use a window manager shortcut for closing a window, but I
> > don't think that's as obvious as a simple Exit menu entry in the
> > application.
>
> Well, couldn't you still press Alt and select 'Close' from the titlebar
> menu (under the leftmost titlebar button)? That has the same effect.

I must admit that I do not understand. Are you speaking about the window
manager titlebar and menus?
I myself do not have such a menu (I'm using Sawfish with the default
Crux theme provided with Ximian GNOME), nor is GNOME tied to a specific
window manager or window manager theme.
That is why relying on the window manager to have specific keyboard
shortcuts, menus, menu options, or even placement of menus and buttons,
such a bad idea, and a standardized way of exiting the application from
inside the application's menus necessary.

Christian