RE: revised patch to change tooltips

<shocking agreement>
Users don't care so much about the names of apps as what they do. I
applications bundled with the desktop should be renamed to reflect what
their functionality is. One thing that makes Winblows so easy for newbies is
that basic programs' names explain their function (ie Notepad, Calculator,
Paint, etc). Applications that come bundled with the desktop should have
such easy names. If you have to show two names, one that is the name of the
program, and the other the name of the function, why not go all the way and
rename the program to reflect function?  Additional applications that must
be installed by the user could have any name, hopefully reflecting
functionality, but if the user must install it, they most likely have an
idea of the functionality anyway, and will associate the name to function
through experience.

Either way, I think it would be better to give apps easily pronouncable
names. I personally think it is annoying that virtually every application
starts with G or has a capitalized G in its name (reminds me of Sesame
Street: "Today's desktop is brought to you by the letter G") - KDE is
equally guilty in this respect. I don't necessarily think this helps users
remember that they are using Gnome, and it only breeds mispronounciations
(Gedit becomes jed-it, and the idea of 'Edit' may be completely lost on
newbies).
</shocking agreement>

Anyway, that's my rant,

------