Re: Persistant Sessions

On 02 Aug 2001 17:29:58 +0100, Michael Rogers wrote:
> Sean McElroy wrote:
> >
> > Not meaning to troll or anything, but I'm curious: I read that WinXP will
> > allow users to 'log off' while preserving their tasks and desktop state as
> > if they had not made any change to their session, and upon logging on again,
> > they return to their previous desktop.
>
> I think it could be done, albeit in a very hacky way:

Better still it could be done the correct way. The client should be
responsible for preserving the relevant state data out of process (so it
doesn't remain running and hogging resources). When the session is
restored the session manager should pass the session id to the client
and let it restore the saved state itself.