Re: [Tracker] Write-back data & default/dummy data
- From: Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com>
- To: Natan Yellin <aantny gmail com>
- Cc: Tracker mailing list <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] Write-back data & default/dummy data
- Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 00:54:52 +0000
On 26/10/09 18:39, Natan Yellin wrote:
2. If we do have a default value to set, should we write this back
to the file?
What's the motivation for doing this? Are there use cases beyond Video
Quite a few. For example, if a file is size 0 and it is an image, height
and width should probably be set in any case. Right now, we don't set
any data. Some applications will EXPECT some ontology data to ALWAYS be
present and this is the problem.
Really I think it would be nice if the ontology standards could detail this.
] [Thread Prev