Re: [Tracker] New website layout
- From: Michele Mattioni <mattions gmail com>
- To: Ivan Frade <ivan frade gmail com>
- Cc: Tracker-List <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] New website layout
- Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:13:15 +0000
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Ivan Frade <ivan frade gmail com>
ÂGreat work! I like the look, and in general the contents are ok.
it's very cool.
ÂMainly i am missing "the big picture" description. More than technical details, things like
* Tracker is a USER information STORE with two big goals/benefits: share information between apps, link information from different sources
This is translated in technical terms in an store with a formal schema (ontologies) and a query language (sparQL). The store is fill with information coming from "miners", e.g. miner-fs + community effort like miner-facebook.
ÂMaybe this should go in the "about" page.
On 05/10/09 10:16, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
Looks like nobody is yet making decisions regarding website. U guys
planning to expose 0.7 bits after 0.8 is released, since 0.7 is dev
series and 0.6 is prod series?
My initial thoughts about the work so far:
- I think the features page is a bit lacking something. Not sure if there should be more ontologies there or not. I don't have links for the Tracker specific ontologies of course. Ivan says he wants to add a documentation link there for all our ontologies. We can add that a bit later I think. As for other features under "technology" I think there are some things missing which I can't think of right now so any input here would be really appreciated.
Lately i have improved a little bit the HTML generator of the ontology and started adding descriptions and diagrams in the ontology. It is a work-in-progress, but we should link this documentation (coming from the tracker ontologies) instead of the upstream pages. I want to mention that in this documentation every ontology has a link to the upstream one, and to the changelog in git, to make easier to discover the differences.
If anybody is interested on take a look into this documentation, go to utils/services and run "gen-doc.sh" (be sure "dia" is installed in your system to generate the diagrams). It will create a folder build/ontologies with the documentation.
- I realised we don't have any libtracker-client documentation. We should generate this the same way we do for the other 2 libs on the documentation page.
I'd make a clear distinction between "information for the user", "information for the developer to use tracker", "information to extend tracker".
A lot of info for developers are on the wiki, but it lacks a lot of info for the User
From User point of view, classical questions:
How can I use tracker? (Only SPARQL query?)
Tracker-search-gui is still there or not?
Integration with Nautilus?
What do people think? I choose the colours from the original logo mostly. If anyone has any input on that too, that would be great.
I like it :)
I would like to get this up and running by the end of the week. It should just be a case of merging the branch to master for gnomeweb-wml.
Fine with me. We can improve it later, it is a big improvement.
tracker-list mailing list
tracker-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev