Re: [Tracker] [PATCH] Moving towards internal metadata extractors
- From: "Edward Duffy" <eduffy gmail com>
- To: "Jamie McCracken" <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>
- Cc: Tracker List <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] [PATCH] Moving towards internal metadata extractors
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:50:31 -0400
Is there any advantage to keeping them internal? Should we just stick
with tracker-extract for all types?
On 9/26/06, Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk> wrote:
Edward Duffy wrote:
> Alrighty .. here's a new patch (against cvs, not the previous patch)
> for pdf using poppler-glib and Fabien's ogg/vorbis extractor.
There's a problem with this - as soon as even a small pdf (100kb) is
extracted tracker's memory usage permanently jumps up by between 2 and 3MB
As a result I feel pdf extraction should remain external - perhaps a
tracker-pdf-extract application using the existing code would do the trick.
Mr Jamie McCracken
] [Thread Prev